Terms and Conditions
Meo Adventures booking terms and conditions
It may sound boring, but before you travel with us, it’s essential you read and understand the following terms and conditions, then fill in our Online Booking Form. You can also print, sign and return a hard copy of this form (downloadable here) to Meo Adventures, 6/82 Drumalbyn Rd, Bellevue Hill, NSW, 2023 or a scanned copy to email@example.com.
Fees and cancellations
- Payment of the deposit for booking the tour must be made by you to Meo Adventures no later than 60 days before the start of the tour. The remainder of the balance of the tour price is due no later than 42 days prior to departure. See our payment page for ways to pay.
- To cancel your booking you must do so in writing to Meo Adventures. For all tours the following cancellation fees apply:
- 60 days or more prior to departure - loss of deposit
- 59-30 days prior to departure - 50% of agreed tour cost
- 29 days or less - 100% tour cost
- Any decision made by you to cancel a tour in contravention of the decision or advice of Meo Adventures leave you, pursuant with the condition for refund above, liable for the full tour cost.
- If your holiday has commenced 100% of the full holiday package price is charged.
- There is no refund for unused services or if portions of the holiday package are missed.
- Additional cancellation fees may also be charged in respect of accommodation reserved outside the holiday package dates. These cancellation fees are in addition to any fees that may be levied by Meo Adventures (if any).
- No refund will be made if you cancel any of the tour services (for example meals, accommodation or day trips).
- Meo Adventures requires that when you make your booking you obtain a comprehensive travel insurance policy, which covers, but is not limited to, claims arising out of loss through cancellation of bookings, loss of baggage or personal goods, medical expenses, travel and other costs arising out of death or illness of a close relative, costs arising our of cancellation of transport services.
- You are responsible for the security of your own baggage and other personal belongings which are carried at your risk throughout the tour.
Visas and Passports
- You are responsible for obtaining and producing, when required, any necessary visa and your own passport and with satisfying any health, visa and other entry requirements of any country you visit on your tour. Meo Adventures is not liable for any costs associated with detention or delay due to passport or visa issues. For more information please visit www.dfat.gov.au or www.smarttraveller.gov.au. Please check with the respective embassy or consulate of each country that you are traveling to, as many destinations require visas for both Australians and non-Australian passport holders. For more information, log on to www.visalink.com.au
- It is your responsibility to ensure your passport is valid for at least six months from the date of travel.
Fitness and Medical Issues
- The tour may include walking, cycling and other activities and require varying levels of physical exertion. You are responsible for assessing your own degree of physical fitness and for the decision as to whether or not to participate in any activities during the tour.
- Meo Adventures accepts no responsibility for any death, injury, illness or loss (including loss of enjoyment) whilst traveling.
- Meo Adventures does not employ medical staff on any tours. If you require medical attention, local medical services can be contacted immediately. You are responsible for all charges that result from a visiting a medical facility, or for a medical practitioner visiting you. Meo Adventures is not responsible for the type or quality of the medical services you may receive.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of any health requirements for your travel destinations. Vaccinations are strongly recommended for certain destinations. You need to contact your local doctor who will advise you of these requirements. Please note that vaccinations may be recommended some period in advance of traveling.
- You are responsible for ensuring you carry any regular medications with you. Please check with the embassy or consulate of the country you are visiting, prior to departure to determine if you are allowed to travel with your specific medication.
Changes to Travel Arrangements
- Meo Adventures do not accept any liability of any nature for failure on the part of transport, accommodation and other service providers over whom Meo Adventures do not have direct control.
- You are responsible for the arrangements and cost of travel and accommodation prior to and after the agreed tour. You are responsible during the tour for costs associated with items of a personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls, taxis for personal use, postage, drinks, camera fees (if not otherwise stated), tips and gratuities, or other personal expenses and all other expenses not specifically detailed in the itinerary. Airport taxes are also your responsibility.
- Alterations to the accommodation, travel arrangements and scheduled activities on the itinerary may be made by Meo Adventures or their local agents, and where possible, Meo Adventures will endeavour to arrange a substitute of similar standard. We are not responsible for any other travel arrangement affected due to cancellations or amendments by our third party providers (for example, airlines or hotels). Amendments beyond the third tarty provider’s control may involve a surcharge for the additional or amended services.
- Meo Adventures do not accept liability for additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any act of god or other events which are beyond the reasonable control of Meo Adventures, including, but not limited to, war, civil unrest, natural disasters, acts of god, acts of government or any other authorities, transportation failure or delay.
- Our tours include the services of independent providers, such as hoteliers, airlines, cruise companies and other operators, who are not agents, servants or employees of Meo Adventures. Although we take care in selecting the independent service providers and the optional excursions conducted by some independent service providers, Meo Adventures is not responsible for the conduct of the independent service providers, their servants and agents or for any ramifications of that conduct.
- Meo Adventures has the right to decline any booking.
- Meo Adventures reserves the right, on written notice to you, to increase the cost of the tour if there is any significant negative fluctuation in currency exchange rates occurring prior to payment by you of the balance of the price of the tour.
- In respect of its services, Meo Adventures gives the warranties which under the Trade Practices Act or other legislation cannot be excluded, but otherwise does not give any warranty or accept any liability, whether in contract, negligence or otherwise.
- You agree that we may use images of you taken during the trip and any comments made in writing by you regarding the trip, without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only through whatever medium we choose.
Errors & Omissions
- We reserve the right to correct any errors in rates or content quoted or calculated for any package, with immediate effect. We will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you of such corrections.
- We may at any time modify these terms and conditions and the changes will come into effect once they are uploaded onto this Website. You acknowledge and agree that your acquisition of Meo Adventure's booking and advisory services is subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time of your acquisition.
- “We” and “us” means Meo Adventures (Fitness Adventures trading as Meo Adventures. ABN 88594284336).
- “You” means any user of this website and includes any person who acquires a Travel Product (whether or not the Booking & Advisory Services were acquired by another person).
- “Third Party Travel Provider” means the company or person who provides you with the Travel Product on terms and conditions agreed with you.
- “Travel Product” means the service or product provided by a Third Party Travel Provider, for example, an airline or a hotel.
- “Website” means this website, www.meoadventures.com.au.